National Coffee Day is celebrated on September 29th each year, and it’s a day to celebrate our love for the delicious, energizing beverage. Coffee is one of the most popular drinks in the world, and the United States is no exception.
In fact, the US is the world’s largest importer of coffee.
Here are some key numbers about the US coffee market:
- Market size: The US coffee market is worth an estimated $88.3 billion in 2023.
- Consumption: Americans drink an average of 1.7 cups of coffee per day.
- Market share: The top three coffee chains in the US are Starbucks, Dunkin’, and McDonald’s. They account for a combined market share of over 40%.
- Coffee imports: The US imports over 28 million bags of coffee per year. The top three suppliers are Brazil, Vietnam, and Colombia.
- Employment: The coffee industry employs over 1 million people in the US.
Coffee is more than just a drink for many Americans.
It’s a way to start the day, socialize with friends and colleagues, and take a break from the hustle and bustle of life.
National Coffee Day is a great opportunity to appreciate all that coffee has to offer.
Here are some fun facts about coffee:
- Coffee is the second most traded commodity in the world, after oil.
- Coffee is grown in over 70 countries around the world.
- The most popular coffee drink in the US is the drip coffee.
- The most expensive coffee in the world is Kopi Luwak, which is made from coffee beans that have been eaten and excreted by Asian palm civets.
- Coffee has been shown to have a number of health benefits, including reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and type 2 diabetes.
So next time you’re enjoying a cup of coffee, take a moment to appreciate all that it represents.
Coffee is more than just a drink; it’s a part of our culture and our way of life.
Happy National Coffee Day.